How to make the best Spicy Prawn Fry
Check out How to make the best Spicy Prawn Fry read more...
Talk about any seafood, prawns trumps them all. Let it be the availability or the cost, there are many reasons why prawns are so popular. Although there are millions of prawn recipes, there is nothing that beats a spicy prawn fry. Thus, if you want to indulge in a spicy and crispy prawn recipe, here is one recipe that will leave you licking your fingers!
This dish will make for a perfect starter at a house party or a quiet sit-down dinner or an evening snack. Here are the ingredients you require to do:
1. Prawns - 600 grams (cleaned and deveined)
2. Turmeric Powder - ½ teaspoon
3. Red Chili Powder - 2 teaspoon
4. Coriander Seeds Powder - 1 ½ tablespoon
5. Oil - 5 tablespoon
6. Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 ½ tablespoon
7. Curry Leaves - 7 to 8
8. Onions - 1 tablespoon
9. Water - ½ cup
10. Salt as per taste
Serving - 6 people
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Procedure to do:
· In a bowl, add prawns, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder and ginger garlic paste.
· Marinate all the ingredients well and set it aside for 10 minutes.
· Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onions and fry them golden brown.
· Next, add the marinated prawns and sauté it well.
· Add the curry leaves.
· Now, add a little amount of water and cover the lid of the pan.
· Let it cook for 5-8 minutes.
· After this, remove the lid and stir the prawns well. Make sure they are fried thoroughly.
· Add some oil if you think it’s getting too dry.
Your spicy prawn fry is finally served! For some last minute garnishing, you can add lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves. Serve the dish hot and you’re ready to devour it!