Cyclone Amphan: PM Modi announces an immediate package of Rs 1000 crores for Bengal
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached West Bengal on Friday he was received by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar at the Kolkata airport.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached West Bengal on Friday he was received by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar at the Kolkata airport. Modi will be observe the affected areas through the airway. And he will attend a meeting in Basirhat to discuss the ways to restore the disasterous situation.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee took her Social media account and tweeted: Cyclone #Amphan has left a trail of devastation beyond our thoughts. While the material damage is substantial, Bengal stands united in this time of crisis. Together we will overcome this because nothing can dampen the spirit and strength of the people of Bengal.
Here are some key points:
• Cyclonic storm ‘AMPHAN or UM-PUN (Thai word means ‘SKY’) accepted as per World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
• CYCLON – AMPHAN which has shattered West Bengal, Odisha & Bangladesh and taken lives around 72-80 people lives in West Bengal around 20 lakhs people or homeless due to the destruction of their houses and fields of the cyclone. The wind blows at around 170 kms speed spinning all metal sheets in the sky, House walls being broken, complete electricity shut down, water entered the houses animals being made helpless Crops destroyed, uprooted trees.
• India Meteorological Department mentioned the Cyclone have moved to Bangladesh and caused severe damage to their country.
• Our Honorable Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi has tweeted In his 1st visit after CORONA effect will be visiting West Bengal and Odisha dated 22-05-2020 to take real stock of damage or suffering caused to the People & the property of West Bengal and Odisha. He has reached Kolkata and will be conducting aerial survey by chopper along with Chief Minister Smt.Mamata Banerjee & West Bengal Governor Shri.Jagdeep Dhankar.
• PM- Shri. Narendra Modi will hold high level meetings along with officials to review the situation and work towards relief, rehabilitation work and assured Financial Assistant help will be provided as per report. Our Honourable Prime Minister assured in his tweets mentioning ‘NO STONE WILL BE LEFT UNTURNED IN HELPING THOSE AFFECTED BY CYCLONE (AMPHAN)
• West Bengal Governor Donates Rs.50 Lakhs to Chief Minister office for the Cyclon – Amphan relief.
• PM will also visit Odisha in the afternoon to review the situation and hold meeting with Chief Minister Shri. Naveen Patnaik.
• PM announces an immediate package of Rs 1000 crores for relief andration in Amphan devastated Bengal. Families of those dead will receive Rs 2 lakh each and those injured will receive Rs 50,000 each from PM relief fund.