6 health benefits of the Banana Stem you didn’t know About: Check below…..
While we all know about the health benefits of the banana likewise its stem too is high on nutrients and minerals.
Banana is known for being a treasure trove of nutrients and minerals, including magnesium potassium and calcium. However, the benefits are not just limited to the fruit of a banana plant but the stem also contains amazing health benefits.
Check below the 6 ways the nutritious banana stem helps us lead a fit and fuss-free life.
1. Dehydration: According to an old book known as Beauty & Health Through Ayurveda, fresh banana stem juice curbs the thirst produced in choleric dehydration.
2. Hyperacidity: Banana stem juice can help you get rid of hyperacidity if consumed on an empty stomach as its has astringent properties.
3. Weight Loss: Weight loss is was you all want to go for in your busy day-to-day life. Drinking banana stem juice can be beneficial to achieve a fit body since it is rich in fiber. According to a food coach and nutritionist Anupama Menon, ‘This component has the potential to eliminate fats. Also, it makes sure that the sugar and fats stored in our body’s cells are released slowly into the bloodstream, so we get a steady energy supply.’
4. Clears Constipation: According to a food coach and nutritionist Anupama Menon, ‘The high fiber content in banana stems not just helps in weight loss, but also treating constipation. It basically makes bowel movement easy by loosening the blockage and relieves us from the discomfort.’
5. Clears Urinary Tract and Helps Treat Kidney Stones: According to a food coach and nutritionist Anupama Menon, ‘It helps flush out the toxins in our body and cleanses the urinary tract. As a result, your body is safeguarded against urinary tract infections (UTI). And, just in case, you already have UTI, this will help relieve the pain and discomfort caused.’
However, Due to it diuretic property, it helps in dissolving kidney stones and preventing the formation of more.
6. Helps Maintain Hemoglobin Levels: According to a food coach and nutritionist Anupama Menon, ‘Banana stem contains a significant amount of iron and vitamin B6. This particular vitamin aids in the production and maintenance of hemoglobin levels.’
Go and bring on some banana and its steams.